As part of my 101 things to do in 1001 days I’ve accepted the challenge of answering the ‘5000 Question Survey’. I’ll be following the original 50 parts and answer a 100 questions per post. This is part five questions 401 – 500.
401. Some say that high school is the best time of your life. Was that true for you?
High school was fun but university was sooooo much more fun!
402. What do you find yourself encouraging others to try?
Whatever they want to try.
403. Which is better: Mel Brooks or Woody Allen?
Don’t have an opinion on either of them.
404. When was the last time you were up all night?
Last year I think?
405. __ is life. The rest is just details. Fill in the blank.
Waiting to die, is life.
406. Are people too complex and different to be categorized?
Categorizing to a certain extent is helpful but there needs to be room for people to move and overlap.
407. Is it good to have pride in your own race or does that separate people from each other because it makes them think of everyone else as ‘outsiders’?
Perhaps being proud of your race is the wrong way of looking at it. But why is it wrong to take pride in who you are or what you look like?
408. What fictional story would you like to live through?
409. Are cats or dogs smarter?
410. Have you ever guessed someone’s password and broken into their diary?
411. What teacher, if any, has effected you the most in your life?
None, really. I think it was a combination of some of them.
412. Are you more easily bored or excited?
Both! I get excited easily but then get bored with it quickly.
413. What’s the bravest or most daring thing you have ever done?
Getting a big tattoo? Oh! Climbing on top of the roof of our school building with the help of some construction scaffoldings in the middle of the night.
414. “What’s the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking?” (- Adam Ant)
Ask the robbers.
415. If your man or woman served you breakfast in bed as a treat what would you want?
Something light with lots of fruit, some scrabbled eggs, a croissant and a nice glass of prosecco.
416. What do you do only when you are upset?
417. What’s the oddest CD in your collection?
Wes – Alane. Don’t laugh.
418. What’s the best diary name you ever saw?
419. What would your friends be surprised to learn about you?
I don’t know. I’m pretty sure most of them already know the things that could’ve suprised them.
420. Who owes you an apology?
My former employer. What an a**hole was that.
421. Who deserves an apology from you?
My mom. I ate the last macaron again.
422. How would you like to treat your kids differently from the way your parents treated you?
Perhaps more of a focus on healthy eating and less snacks and everything? But that’s also what I like about them. They’re not crazy obsessed with healthy living etc. So I doubt I would do much different if I ever wanted kids.
423. Which do you like best: 60’s, 70’s or 80’s fashion?
Even though the 80’s were pretty horrible I still like it better than the other two.
424. What is the worst pick up line ever used on you?
425. Of the following, which word best describes you: inventive, kinetic (energetic), light-hearted, mature
426. Do you own a record player? Do you use it?
427. How easily do you make friends?
428. What is the difference between having character and being a character?
Being a character feels fake, someone who tries to hard to be something else or behaves way over the top. Having character is knowing who you are and begin confident.
429. Are there any animals you flat out refuse to touch?
The ones that could poison me upon touch?
430. Do you care about your weight?
431. Did you/will you go to the prom?
432. Have you ever wanted to date twins?
433. What one thing would you change about high school if you could?
434. If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Warning: person talks a lot about Japan, Otaku and Geeky stuff. Can be subject to mood swings, and may still your fries.
435. Are you artistic and creative?
436. What were you (probably) doing on this date last year?
I was preparing my trip to Japan.
437. What are you obsessed with?
438. What was the last compliment you received?
That I did a good job on the report.
439. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
440. Who would you like to be alone with right now?
441. Do you push people away when you really want them to come closer?
442. Is a prenuptial agreement necessary or does it take the romance and trust out of marriage?
Absolutely necessary. I don’t think it’s romantic to think it’s unnecessary, I think it’s naive.
443. Do you lie your way out of things?
444. Are you better at talking or listening?
Depends on the situation.
445. What will only happen to you once in this lifetime?
Will let you know when I’m much, much older.
446. Know of any conspiracy theories you think might be credible?
447. What are the most beautiful words that have ever been spoken to you?
448. If it were legal would you own a human slave (race unimportant)?
Probably not. Wouldn’t know what I would need a slave for.
449. Have you ever read your own writing at a poetry reading?
No. I don’t even write poetry.
450. What is one simple thing that gives you the happy shivers?
Seeing my partner again after not having seen eachother a couple of days.
451. What do you do for exercise?
Go to the gym for fitness and sometimes some yoga.
452. Would you rather have a strict teacher with a sense of humor or a lenient teacher that doesn’t teach?
How’s that even a difficult question? Strict with humor.
453. If you ever have a baby what might you want to name it?
454. If you won free tickets to a concert from a radio show and had to choose between Inxs, Poison, Blondie and Moby, which would you choose?
Moby, probably. Although Blondie would be fun too.
455. Are you a good cook?
456. Do you prefer when things come with no assembly required, even if they are a bit more expensive?
457. Start a sentence with the words: what if
What if I couldn’t think of anything?
458. Are you more spontaneous and unpredictable or loyal and routine?
Loyal and routine with sporadic spontaneous outbursts.
459. What is the highest number you can count to in your head?
I have no clue. Never tried.
460. How do you go about losing weight?
The same way everyone should: eat less, eat healthier, drink more water and no soda, and get more exercise.
461. Do you have street smarts?
To a certain extent yes.
462. Do you have a lot of common sense?
463. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Manga, Passion Fruit, Lemon, Strawberry, basically any fruity flavor.
464. What’s your favorite movie that involves dancing?
I don’t like movies with dancing in there but I guess I would go with a classic like Grease or Dirty Dancing.
465. Would you ever want to become a guest on a talk show? If yes what would the show’s theme be?
466. Do you like the way you look naked?
467. Have you ever dissected an animal?
468. Who do you know who is brilliant?
469. Who do you know who is dull?
470. Do you ever think about time travel?
471. What is one interesting fact you know?
Despite what people think, sushi isn’t eaten that often in Japan. The most common meals are things like ramen and curry rice.
472. Do you talk to yourself? Do you talk to your pets?
473. Do you believe that humankind has a future in space (will we live there some day)?
474. Would you rather wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or more delicate outfits?
Generally speaking delicate outfits. Unless ofcourse you know you might get dirty that day.
475. How do you ‘live life to the fullest’?
By doing the best I can every day.
476. Are you sloppy or a neat freak?
477. Would you rather have a trunk full of nickels or half a trunk full of dimes?
478. What is the worst mistake you’ve ever made?
Not starting to study Japanese sooner.
479. Are you in good health?
Generally speaking, yes.
480. Are you patriotic?
Let’s play fact or crap. Is it a fact? Or is it crap?
481. The greenhouse effect is bad for your health.
It’s bad for the world. So in a way it will eventually be bad for our health.
482. There are about as many molecules of air in one breath as there are hairs on your head.
There might be. I don’t know.
483. The Miss America pageant started out as a contest in which people decorated wheel chairs and one chair was judged the prettiest.
I would’ve called BS but I googled it. Damn.
484. To remove a tattoo a physician can place a small balloon under the skin, which is inflated so that the tattooed skin gradually stretches. Then they cut the stretched skin away.
Technically speaking it is sometimes done this way but usually it’s way to drastic an approach. I do believe it is however sometimes used to create natural skin-grafts for burnvictims.
485. Cock fighting is a sexual sport.
Well for some it might! But usually it’s actual male chicken (cock’s) fighting.
486. It is the warmest time of the day during the hour that the sun is the highest in the sky.
No. That’s actually around 3pm.
487. Certain scientists specialize in studying cow farts.
Wouldn’t surprise me.
488. The brilliant colors (reds, oranges, yellows) across the sky that we get from sunsets are caused mainly by pollution.
489. In Grimm’s original fairy tale, Rapunzel is pregnant.
True. She pretty much gets raped in her sleep and then gets pregnant.
490. Dracula was the first movie about a vampire.
491. The inventors of Corn Flakes, the Kellogg brothers, ran a school for delinquent youth.
Wasn’t it very handicapped kids?
492. “Kemo Sabe” means “soggy shrub” in Navajo.
493. Sir Thomas Crapper invented the toilet.
Wouldn’t suprise me if he did.
494. The Earl of Sandwich invented the Sandwich.
Don’t think he invented it but I remember there being some story related to him about it.
495. Some Chinese alchemists were trying to invent an immortality medicine and accidentally invented gunpowder instead.
496. The human body is made of about 99% water.
497. Bubble gum contains rubber.
498 This survey to the zero power = 0.
499. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
500. There are 86401 seconds in day.
86400 (60 x 60 x 24 )